If you have had the opportunity to visit Fort Lauderdale, then itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s probably no surprise to you that the area has once again become a hotspot for real estate.Ã‚Â Ã‚Â As we reported last month,Ã‚Â online real estate marketplace Zillow predicts the Miami-Fort Lauderdale housing market will be the second highest for home value increase in 2012.
Following is a market snapshot for the Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County housing market, comparing April 2011 with April 2012:
- The number of homes listed for sale decreased 30% (14,046 vs. 9,745).
- The price of homes sold increased over 20% ($173,000 vs. $208,000).
- The number of homes sold decreased 11% (2,604 vs. 2,309), which is consistent with the reduced number of homes listed for sale.
- The number of homes pending sale (under contract) increased 16% (3,077 vs. 3,646).
- The average amount of days a home was listed for sale is down 9.6% (94 days vs. 85 days), which means the time to sell a home is improving.
There are many wonderful homes (and deals) listed for sale in Greater Fort Lauderdale, including popular, gay-friendly neighborhoods like Wilton Manors, Oakland Park, Victoria Park, Fort Lauderdale Beach and the Las Olas area in Downtown Fort Lauderdale.Ã‚Â From waterfront homes to high-rise condos and everything in between, there are lots of luxury homes for sale in Fort Lauderdale.
Whether you’re buying a second home or primary residence, you’re sure to find something that suits your needs and tastes in Fort Lauderdale. Ã‚Â Plus, you’ll likely feel you’re on holiday every day you’re here!
This guest blog post is courtesy of theÃ‚Â Luxury Living Fort LauderdaleÃ‚Â group. Ã‚Â We enjoy helpingÃ‚Â clients buy, sell or rent fabulous homes in Greater Fort Lauderdale.