First, the good news:
* Transactions were up by one-third over 2009.
* Total sales volume increased by two-thirds over 2009.
* Whether or not prices have hit bottom, buyers are coming back, if not in droves.
* Young people are finding it easier to afford a first home.
Now the bad news:
* Foreclosures hit a new record in 2010.
* A lot of property has sold at deep discounts from boom-years highs.
* A lot of residents owe much more than their homes are worth.
At Gay Realty Watch, we look for news to share with you about the gay real estate market – both lgbt real estate news and news specific to gay and lesbian real estate meccas.
If you have a gay real estate story that you’d like to share with us, contact us at [email protected]