The Advocate has their annual ranking out of the queerest cities in the US. Clocking in at 14: Manchester, New Hampshire:
The largest city in New Hampshire attracted the likes of Janet Jackson and Ariana Grande, who filled the near-10,000-seat Verizon Wireless Arena with LGBT fans from all over New England.
And you can bet fans held some unofficial after-parties at the Queen City’s gay bars: Doogie’s Bar and Grill (Doogies.net), The Breezeway (Facebook.com/BreezewayPub). and Element Lounge (ElementLounge.net). The “Live Free or Die” state also is home to the “Flaming Freedom” (FlamingFreedom.com) radio show that airs live on the Liberty Radio Network Sunday mornings at 10 a.m.
1. LGBT Film FESTs
2. Non-discrimination protections in adoption
3. Muscial Tours: 1 point for each tour of Janet Jackson, Ariana Grande, Carly Rae Jepson, Madonna
4. Chapter of the national LGBT Chamber of Commerce
5. Openly queer mayor
6. Workout: 1 point for each SoulCycle studio, Barryâ€™s Bootcamp studio, Shaun T Beachbody event
7. LGBT sites on the national register: 1 point for each
8. Gay bookstores
9. Places with landmarks that went rainbow for marriage equality: 1 point for each location
10. Scream Queens/American HorrorStory viewing parties
The raw score is divided by the population to provide a ranking based on a per capita LGBT quotient.
At Gay Realty Watch, we look for news to share with you about the gay real estate market – both lgbt real estate news and news specific to gay and lesbian real estate meccas.